Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Am Ozzy*

Sorry it has been a long time, but after I had written so many blogs I had put a lot of what I wanted to say out there. But today, as I was reading (and you all know sometimes in the stuff I read I get my ideas) I Am Ozzy (Ozzy Osbourne's autobiography) - a truly awesome book. I actually giggle out loud a lot while reading this. I came across something that truly makes sense. And I am going to take it straight from Ozzy's book. I hope he doesn't mind, because I am giving him full and complete credit.

I reckon hating someone is just a total f**king waste of time and effort. What do you get out of it in end? Nothing. I’m not trying to come over like the Archangel Gabriel here. I just think if you’re pissed off with someone, call them an arsehole, get it out of your system, and move on. It’s not like we’re on this earth very long.
Ozzy Osbourne, I Am Ozzy

When I read that it kind of hit me hard. I, and I am not proud to say, have been harboring a hate toward someone. But when I read that statement, I said you know what, I am letting that go. I have already called him an unpleasant word, to his face and in my mind many times. And I have also let that feeling disturb good times. So, no more.

Yes, it is easier said than done, but I know that as with all things, the more I practice the easier it will get. I am taking advice from the 'Prince of Darkness' and not letting darkness invade my life. And hate is most assuredly darkness.

My life is going very well and I truly thank all the Powers That Be for that. I so hope the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment