Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today I Become a Big

A Big Sister that is, through the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS)program. I have wanted to volunteer for a long time now and just could never find something that really seemed to be my niche. I work right next to the BBBS office and I got their mail one day in my work mail so I took it over there and it just struck me to ask about how do I become a Big Sister. I met a very nice man, Ed, and he filled me in and then forwarded me the paperwork and I filled it out and sent it back. He said I'd have to have an interview and when the interview came I became even more motivated.

I have 3 super wonderful children. And bless their hearts they say I am a good mom. And I feel confident in the way I raised them. So that makes me feel that maybe I can help a Little to become a better person too. It is so important to help the children grow into good and kind adults. I am proud of who I am, I am a confident, well-mannered, smart woman and I also know if given the chance all children can be additions to our society. If we give them hope that their future can be better, then they will try for it.

I hate to think of all the children that get lost in the cracks. And if I can prevent that happening to even one child, then I have helped our world.

I used to think that I couldn't do anything to better our planet, but now I feel differently. I think I have found my way, the children are our future, and if I can help steer them in the proper direction and like I said, give them hope, then I have done my part.

I am excited about making my contributions to our future. Maybe the Little I help one day will become President. With hope and love, anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment