Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Affirmations in Passwords

Affirmations are wonderful things. They give us a burst of inspiration or reminders when we need them about important things. The most common affirmations are those we either find or better yet, make up for ourselves, that mean something to us personally.

I have found new ways to use those affirmations. What do you type a lot of?? Passwords! So I have take postive words and made them my passwords, so when I sign into my email account, I get an affirmation, when I sign in to my library account, I get an affirmation, etc.

I have found that affirmations don't have to be long drawn out poems. Just a couple of words works so well. I do have some that are a bit longer, and those are good to, but because they aren't always right in front of me, I don't benefit from them as often.

And what is cool about affirmations are they are yours and yours alone. To that end we also know when making a password we want them as strong as possible. So here are some tricks I learned about making passwords strong.

1. For an e use a 3
2. For for use a 4
3. For please spell it plez or even pl3z
4. And always mix up caps and letters and numbers.

Use your imagination, you'll be surprise at what you can come up with.

This also makes it easier to remember your password and when you type it, it just doesn't get you into your program, it gives you a little shot in the moral booster.

Everytime I type a password in, I get a smile. And it also reminds me of what I, for myself, need to work on. And since I type it several times a day, I get reminded several times a day.

So take a moment and think of a very short phrase, a word or two, that is important to you. Say you want to lose weight - here's is an idea for a password: Eat4H3aLth. Eat for Health. I bet if you put that to a password strength test, it will be a good one.

Realize that life is so important and you are an important part of this world. And do not be afraid to tell yourself frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment